Dear Olympia Allergy and Immunology Patients,
We hope this letter finds you and your family well. Infection control is a top priority for our practice and we are continually monitoring and implementing the latest recommendations from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). Our infection control processes are in place to ensure you receive the safest possible care. We realize that some of these processes may pose an inconvenience but please know that our intention is to comply with recommendations in order to remain open and serve you.
- Patients will be prescreened for signs of illness. If the answer to any of these questions is “yes” we may postpone your appointment until the appropriate waiting period has passed.
- We are asking patients to wear masks to their appointment.
- Patients should minimize guests at their appointment.
- Minors may be accompanied by one adult.
- All shot clinic appointments require scheduling to prevent overcrowding.
- We are asking patients to call us when they arrive for their appointment, and then continue to wait in their vehicle until they receive a call from reception to come into the clinic.
- Upon entering the clinic we will ask patients to use hand sanitizer and have their temperature taken using a “no-touch” forehead scanner.
- Screening questions will be asked and consent obtained recognizing the inherent risk of treatment in a medical clinic. If the answer to any of the screening questions is yes, , we may postpone your appointment until the appropriate waiting period has passed.
- We will ask patients who develop symptoms consistent with Covid-19 within 14 days of their appointment to contact our office to let us know.
- We require a negative Covid-19 test prior to any lung function testing.
Additionally, you will see the following:
- Personal protective equipment worn by all staff.
- Disinfection procedures.
- Staff will take their temperatures and answer screening questions before and after each workday.
- No magazines.
- No beverage station in lobby.
We will do our best to efficiently provide you with high-quality allergy care. However, as we implement these procedures there may be longer than normal waiting times. We ask that you please be patient with us.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust!
Dr. Jon Welch and your Olympia Allergy Team